Sample Social Media Posts for Brand Ambassadors
Please Like, Share, Retweet and Post on behalf of your Woodshed Archive.
- Save the date! #MidlandsGives is on May 2. Help support Woodshed Archive and donate to https://www.midlandsgives.org/woodshedarchive
- My #MidlandsGives Day gift will helpWoodshed Archive raise $8,000 to support all the great programs. Help them achieve it by donating on May 2nd!
- I support Woodshed Archive because [reason]. You can support them too by donating to #MidlandsGives on May 2!
- #MidlandsGives starts now! Help me supportWoodshed Archive! https://www.midlandsgives.org/woodshedarchive
- When you give to Woodshed Archive during #MidlandsGives, you can help themraise $8,000 to support all the great programs. Donate today! https://www.midlandsgives.org/woodshedarchive
- Woodshed Archive is participating in #MidlandsGives! Show your support and donate now!
- Woodshed Archive does [enter mission] for our community. I am proud to support them during #MidlandsGives. You can donate too! https://www.midlandsgives.org/woodshedarchive
- Do you have a nonprofit that you are passionate about? I supportWoodshed Archive because [some reason]. Consider donating to them today for #MidlandsGives!
We can really use your help with our social media campaign. First we need content to send our with our primary social media account “Art Kivist” Please use these examples to create personal post that can be scheduled and sent via the “Art Kivist” account or to the Woodshed Archive Facebook page, Facebook Group, and Twitter accounts:
- Hosted by Central Carolina Community Foundation, Midlands Gives is a 24-hour online giving event that brings the region together as one community, raising money and awareness for local nonprofits in 11 Midlands counties.
- The fourth annual Midlands Gives event will take place on Tuesday, May 2, 2017, beginning at 12:00:01 am and ending at 11:59:59 pm at MidlandsGives.org.
- Midlands Gives provides an ideal platform for participating nonprofit organizations to increase awareness, donors and dollars all within one campaign.
- On MidlandsGives.org, donors can search among 300+ nonprofits and donate according to the nonprofit’s personal profile page.
- During Midlands Gives, contributions of just $20 or more are amplified through sponsored prize incentives. Since its inception in 2014 the event has raised over $3.8 million for local nonprofits.
- Midlands Gives is one of almost 100 giving days that take place in cities across America throughout the year. In 2015, Midlands Gives ranked 7th in the nation in number of individual gifts.
- Track the MidlandsGives.org leaderboard to follow your nonprofits’ progress throughout the day!
- Everyone can be a philanthropist on May 2nd! With a donation of $20 or more, you can help your favorite nonprofit organization achieve its goals.
Connect with Central Carolina Community Foundation
Connect with CCCF on our social media networks to stay informed about Midlands Gives Tweets, posts, and photos. Retweet, share and repost our content to increase engagement on your feed!
@CentralCarolinaCommunityFoundation to tag
Midlands Gives is an opportunity for your nonprofit to increase visibility in the community; use this day to your advantage!
- With social media, the audience is in control and your job is to engage them by adding value to relevant, interesting, shareable content.
- Engage in authentic, personal conversation with other users. Don’t forget to participate in the conversation and respond to what others are saying.
- Talk about your success stories by explaining what you did with the funds raised from last year’s Midlands Gives day or another recent fundraiser.
- Ask your followers questions that they would be inclined to answer, such as why your nonprofit is important to them or how they like to get involved in the community.
- Follow the hashtag, #MidlandsGives to follow what is being posted online.
- Follow Central Carolina Community Foundation on Facebook so you can stay connected with updates, important information, and tips.
- Follow others’ pages from your organization page.
- There is a difference between liking a page from your personal profile and liking a page from your organization’s page. It’s important to do both! Go to your organization’s page and click on the arrow in the top right of your screen. Scroll down and click “Use Facebook as Page” on the right side. This will allow your actions to be done “on behalf” of your organization’s page. After, go back to your personal profile by clicking “Use Facebook as (your name)”
- Use Facebook to deepen relationships and connect with followers.
- Ask open-ended questions to stoke conversation and use Facebook as a two-way street.
- Highlight the good work that others are doing in addition to just your own.
- Mix up the content with pictures and video.
- Respond and show people that you’re listening.
- Tell stories! With permission, develop relatable stories about board members or supporters’ experiences.
Sample Facebook Posts
- Your #MidlandsGives donation is a direct investment in our community. We can’t wait to see the impact your donations have on [your nonprofit] this year!
- Can’t wait to be a part of such a BIG day in our community on May 2nd! What does #MidlandsGives mean to you?
- The real success of #MidlandsGives will not be the big dollars, but the big impact those dollars will have when 300+ nonprofits put them to work! Help your community by giving on May 2nd at MidlandsGives.org.
- May 1: Tomorrow is #MidlandsGives! Want a quick, easy way to help your community? Your gift goes further on MidlandsGives.org.
- May 2: Last year, #MidlandsGives raised $1.6 million to support 382 Midlands nonprofits! Think we can top it this year?
- What better way to start your day than with a gift that will make a difference! Join us in giving back to the Midlands TODAY from 12:00:01am until 11:59:59pm for #MidlandsGives!
- Let’s rally this community’s generous spirit. Get up and GIVE for #MidlandsGives! Visit MidlandsGives.org TODAY to make a difference!
- The Midlands is waking up on the right side of the bed today! Starting at 6am, grab coffee and get online at MidlandsGives.org to take part in #MidlandsGives!
- Good morning Midlands! Help make the community a brighter place tomorrow by donating to local nonprofits today with #MidlandsGives.
- Today is the day! Rise and shine Midlands – time to show this community the impact we can make when we join together! From 6 a.m. to midnight, make your gift of $20 or more to the nonprofits of your choice! #MidlandsGives.
- Everyone can be a philanthropist! With a gift of $20 or more, you can help nonprofits in the Midlands achieve their goals with #MidlandsGives. Donate today!
- Follow @CCCFTweets from your organization’s Twitter account.
- Also follow people/organizations that are important to your organization: People who have fundraised for you before, those who hold important positions in your community, experts in your area, or people who are already talking about your interests.
- Start talking, but have something to offer, such as links to your website, pictures, and videos about your organization.
- Pictures and videos are the most shared (or retweeted) items online, and most of them aren’t professional shots (so don’t hesitate to upload your own photos of staff in action or events from the day).
- Actively following users tweeting about Giving Day, your organization, and related topics as well as following hashtag conversations are great ways to broaden your community and engage in the larger conversation.
- Use the Giving Day hashtag (#MidlandsGives) in all of your Tweets.
- People interested in meeting others who are speaking about a topic of interest can follow hashtags to see what is being said.
Sample Twitter Posts
- Get up and Give for #MidlandsGives on May 2nd!
- Which nonprofits inspire you in this community? Give back today. #MidlandsGives
- Help us harness the power of collective giving! Invest in us for #MidlandsGives.
- Keep that giving spirit alive in the Midlands! XX more hours to maximize your gift with #MidlandsGives!
- Wow! Are y’all watching the leaderboard for #MidlandsGives?! This community’s generosity is blowing us away! XX more hours to join the cause!
- Give where you live until midnight TODAY! Your local nonprofits need your support. Join us in giving back for #MidlandsGives!
- Your gift can mean a world of difference for [your nonprofit’s mission]. Please consider donating TODAY with #MidlandsGives!
- Help us reach our #MidlandsGives donation goal so we can [accomplish your mission]!
- Everyone can be a philanthropist! Help us reach our goals with #MidlandsGives!